Monday, May 17, 2010

My Dream (A Vision Of Peace)

Where the mountains touch the sky
Where poets DREAM, where eagles fly
A secret place above the crowd
Just beneath a silver-lined cloud.

Lift your eyes to a snowy peak
And see the soon-to-be we seek
Whisper DREAMS and let them rise
To the mountains old and wise.

Climbers climb, it's time to try
Where the mountains touch the sky
Take me there. Oh take me now...
Someway, Someday, Somewhere, Somehow!
Where the ocean meets the sky
Where dolphin dance and seagulls fly
A place in DREAMS, I know so well
The sea inside a single shell.

Far across the living sea
A pale blue possibility
Beyond the castles made of sand
Tomorrow in a small child's hand.

Only DREAMERS need apply
Where the ocean meets the sky
Take me there. Oh take me now...
Someway, Someday, Somewhere, Somehow.

A common ground for one and all
Behind the crystal waterfall
Where Peace flows like a mighty stream
Like Dr. King I have a DREAM.

Imagine such a goal in sight
For red and yellow, black and white
New Delhi, Peking, Kenya, Rome
Earth is the place that we call home.

Baghdad, Bangkok, Tel Aviv
One race HUMAN, we still believe
It matters what we say and do
This DREAM is ME, this DREAM is YOU!

When walls of hate have fallen fast
When prejudice has long since passed
When last is first and first is last

Come DREAM with me
Where the forest reach the sky
Wake up and DREAM and don’t be shy.

No thorns of war, a perfect rose
This is where Gandhi's DREAM grows
Whisper now; let the DREAM begin
It's time to trust the truth within.

This is where we seek and find
A gift in being colorblind
DREAM on DREAMERS, hopes are high
Where the forest reach the sky.

Take me there. Oh take me now
Someway, Someday, Somewhere, Somehow.

Now, listen close, the future calls...
Build your bridges and tear down walls!
For time has taught and so it seems
Realities are born of DREAMS!

Blessed are the peacemakers...

No comments: